17 - DEFINITE ARTICLE "THE" vs. THE INDEFINITE ARTICLE "A" or "AN"








A policeman  -   The police
Call a policceman!
Call the police!
Indefinite article
a + consonant sound
an +   vowel sound

horse   hotel
F.B.I. agent

university
Hour  heir

boy
apple   orange   umbrella


F.B.I. agent
hour
heir
horse
hotel
university
apple
orange
umbrella
boy


THE – Definite article
YES
NO
The British

go to the cinema/theatre/bank/stadium/park/
seaside/mountains/beach

The sunflowers in my neighbour’s garden are (even/much) more beautiful.

I love the pop music by Ariana Grande.


Americans

go to school/work/university/church


Sunflowers are beautiful.


I love pop music.

I go to a pub every weekend. The pub I went to last week was horrible.




TEST YOURSELF:

THE DEFINITE ARTICLE "THE"  TEST 1

THE INDEFINITE ARTICLE "A" or "AN" TEST 1

"THE" "A" "AN" or "x" TEST 1

 "THE"  "A"  "AN" or "x" TEST 2

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

23 - READING COMPREHENSION - 4 TEXTS

28 - LISTENING PRACTICE ONLINE TO IMPROVE YOUR LISTENING SKILLS A1 TO A2